This Sunday 13th of January 2019 we will have a yudansha class in Akari. The class is meant for aikidokas with the grade 1.kyu or dan. Aikidokas from other aikido clubs are welcome to join our yudansha class. We will continue to arrange a yudansha class every month on one Sunday. We will inform you about the exact days soon. Welcome!
New beginners course for teens and adults starts on Monday 14th January 2019 at 17:00 on tatami. New juniors who are under 13 years old start their basic course on Saturday 19th of January 2019.
We arrange an aikido demonstration at our dojo on Saturday 12.1.2019 at 12.00-12:30. If you or your child are interested in starting aikido, feel welcome to come and watch the demonstration!
Jan Nevelius Shihan 6.dan Aikikai will give an aikido weekend seminar at Akari’s dojo during weekend 24.-26.8.2018. This will have an effect to our weekly class schedule.
- Weekly class on Friday morning 24.8. at 7-8 will be held as usual
- Seminar classes on Saturday 25.8. at 11-13 and 15-17. Weekly class in the morning is cancelled.
- Weekly juniors class on Saturday 25.8. at 11:30-12:30 will be held as usual
- Seminar class on Sunday 26.8. at 10-12. Weekly class in the afternoon is cancelled.
Welcome to join the seminar!
We will start training according to the autumn training schedule on Monday 13.8.2018. We have updated the schedule at the page Classes.
Juniors will have their first class at the first Saturday of the autumn season on Saturday 18.8.2018. All juniors are warmly welcome, both those continuing to practise aikido and those who want to start!
Basic course will start on Tuesday 28.8.2018. If you are interested to join our basic course, you can come and try out aikido on Monday 27.8.2018. We will organise a try out class at 17:00-18:00 on our dojo. The class is free. Just wear something comfortable and come to get a feeling for aikido in Akari!
Welcome to enjoy aikido at our weekly classes in Akari!
Welcome back to Tikkurila Sport Hall tatami tomorrow Monday 23.7.2018 at 18:00-19:15. We will continue to train according to the summer schedule for the next three weeks. Autumn training schedule will start from Monday 13.8.2018.
Summer classes availabe
- Monday 18:00-19:15 Jari/Jaana
- Wednesday 19:00-20:15 Miranda/Taina
- Friday 7:00-8:00
Come and enjoy training with us in this exceptional summer weather!
Next classes in Akari dojo
- Monday 18.6. at 18:00-19:15 Jari Alasuutari 4.dan
- Wednesday 20.6. at 19:00-20:15 Miranda Saarentaus 6.dan
- Friday 22.6. no class: Enjoy the Midsummer!
- Monday 25.6. at 18:00-19:15 Jari Alasuutari 4.dan
- Wednesday 27.6. at 19:00-20:15 Miranda Saarentaus 6.dan
- Friday 29.6. no class: in the evening at 19:00-20:30 Blues seminar in Järvenpää (info)
- Summer break 2.-22.7.2018
- During the break we arrange Hanko aikido seminar 12.-15.7.2018 : info
- On Monday we continue according to summer schedule with class at 18:00-19:15.
Next weekend we will arrange classes according normal schedule: classes for teens & adults on Saturday 2.6. at 11:30-13:00 and on Sunday 3.6. at 16:00-17:00. Juniors have already had their last class for the season, and will continue on August.
Please note that we will start to train according to the summer schedule on Monday 4.6.2018. On the first Monday 4.6. we will also have a kyu test. Everyone is welcome to participate either as an uke or as an audience. On next Monday 11.6.2018 we will have a guest instructor from Japan: Kaname Ariga Sensei 6.dan Aikikai (price 15 €). Everyone from Akari and other aikido clubs are very welcome to participate to Ariga Sensei’s class!
During Easter the Tikkurila Sport Hall will be closed so we will have no classes on Friday 30.3., Saturday 31.3., Sunday 1.4. nor on Monday 2.4.2018. Seminar possibilities can be found in Aikidoliitto’s calendar: link.
Next kyu-test day will be on Saturday 14.4.2018. The class will start with normal training for about 45 minutes and after that will be the test. If you want to do a kyu test, please sign up at the latest a week before on Saturday 7.4.2018.
PS. If you are already making plans for the upcoming summer, we will arrange an annual summer aikido seminar in Hanko 12.-15.7.2018.
The first two weekends of February 2018 have exceptional schedules:
- Friday 2.2.18 at 7-8 the instructor for the class will be a guest from USA: Glenn Leichman 5.dan Aikikai
- Akari organizes an international aikido weekend seminar by Endo Shihan 8.dan Aikikai at Tikkurila Sport Hall 2.2.-4.2.2018
- Saturday 3.2.18 class on tatami 11.30-13.00 only for students participating to adults basic course
- All students who have 6.kyu and above are allowed and encouraged to participate to the seminar! Come to visit at least one class, ie. on Saturday 3.2. at 11-13.
- Saturday 3.2. class for junioris 11.30-12.30 will be arranged normally
- Sunday 4.2. no class
- On Saturday 10.2.2018 no classes
- Tatami and wrestling area are both reserved for the use of Judo Young Adults World Championships
- Meidokan dojo in Helsinki Herttoniemi arranges a seminar day for juniors on this date Saturday 10.2.108. Akari’s junior team gives more information about participating to the seminar: info
- Students participating to adults basic course can attend the class on Sunday 11.2.2018 at 16.00-17.30