All relevant information can be found from Akari’s Finnish pages. English pages have only limited contents. Go to Finnish pages >
2022 summer classes
Between 6th to 22nd June and 1st to 14th August the classes are as follows:
- Mondays 6 – 7 PM
- Wednesdays 7 – 8 PM
- Fridays 7 – 8 AM
Summer break is 23rd June – 31st July
We’ll return to the dojo and winter schedule on 15th August.
Aikido Weekend Seminar by Jan Nevelius
Jan Nevelius 7th Dan Aikikai Shihan, will hold the weekend seminar from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th August 2022 in Tikkurila, Vantaa.
• Friday 19.00 – 20.30
• Saturday 11.30 – 13.00 and 15.00 – 17.00
• Sunday klo 10.00 – 12.00
Whole seminar 75 €, per class 25 €
Tikkurila Sporthall (Trio Sport Center) tatami space, Läntinen Valkoisenlähteentie 52, 01300 Vantaa
Hotelli Tikkurila (at the Sporthall)
Tel. + 358 43 825 2928
Tel. + 358 40 747 8822
The dojo is opening
The Trio Sport Center is opening on June 1st. We’re having classes with the principal that everybody is training with the same partner all through the class. Between 1.6.–19.6. the classes are as follows:
- Mondays 18–19:00
- Wednesdays 19:00–20:15
- Fridays 7:00–8:00 (no class on June 5th)
When practising you should follow these rules:
- Don’t come to the dojo if you or someone in your close circle is having any symptoms of illness!
- Change clothes at home, don’t use the dressing rooms at the Sport Hall.
- Disinfect the tatami both before nd after the training session. The Sport Hall is providing the disinfectants and sweepers.
- Practise the whole time with one partner. You can either set a training date beforehand with someone or you can choose a partner at the dojo from the people who are available.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before and after the practice.
After the summer break we will organise classes again starting Monday July 27th. The schedule is:
- Mondays 18:00–19:00
- Wednesdays 18:00–19:15 (ATT! Changed time!)
- Fridays 7:00–8:00
We go back to the winter schedule on Aug 17th 2020.
All classes cancelled!
Attention! We’re prolonging the pause at least until June 1st.
Stay tuned for more information!
Because of the corona virus pandemic all the aikido classes are cancelled for the time being.
We’ll keep you posted here when there are any changes to this schedule.
Corona virus situation at the dojo
Akari recommends following rules if you are attending practise:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after training
- Avoid touching your own or your partner’s face
- If you have just returned from abroad, stay away from the dojo for two weeks
- If you have any symptoms, don’t come to practise
- We strongly recommend that people who belong to the high risk group avoid practising for the whole duration of the epidemic
Junior training cancelled 22.2.2020!
Due to the winter break from schools the junior class is cancelled on Saturday 22.2.2020.
Endo Shihan has cancelled his trip to Finland and Sweden due to Corona virus alert
The weekend seminar will be held by Charles Colten & Miranda Saarentaus.
New basic course for adults and for kids
Now is a good time to start something new! The basic course in aikido starts on Saturday January 11th 2020 at 11:30am
Classes will be held twice a week:
In the beginning you only need a T-shirt and sweatpants.
The fee is 130 € (including the membership for 2020 and the course).
Course will be held at Trio Spor Hall, tatamiroom
Address: Läntinen Valkoisenlähteentie 52, Vantaa.
The basic course for kids starts at the same time at the same place on the wrestling mat next to the tatami.
Classes will be held:
Mondays at 17:00–18:00
Saturdays at 11:30–12:30
There is more information on this site in Finnish on: Harjoitukset > Peruskurssi
or Harjoitukset > Juniorit.
Or just come over and talk to us in person! 🙂
Exceptions to the training times on Christmas time 2019
There will be no classes on Monday December 23rd through Thursday 26th, on Sunday Dec 29th and on Wednesday January 1st. Otherwise classes are held normally.
And don’t forget the After Christmas seminar on Saturday 28th!
Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy Aikido Year 2020!
You must be logged in to post a comment.