This Sunday 13th of January 2019 we will have a yudansha class in Akari. The class is meant for aikidokas with the grade 1.kyu or dan. Aikidokas from other aikido clubs are welcome to join our yudansha class. We will continue to arrange a yudansha class every month on one Sunday. We will inform you about the exact days soon. Welcome!
New beginners course for teens and adults starts on Monday 14th January 2019 at 17:00 on tatami. New juniors who are under 13 years old start their basic course on Saturday 19th of January 2019.
We arrange an aikido demonstration at our dojo on Saturday 12.1.2019 at 12.00-12:30. If you or your child are interested in starting aikido, feel welcome to come and watch the demonstration!
We will arrange the annual statutory autumn meeting on Saturday 10.11.2018 after the training at 13:15 o’clock. The meeting will take place at the meeting room of the Tikkurila Sport Hall cafeteria. We will go through club’s plans for next year and discuss our training schedule in general. Welcome!
Jan Nevelius Shihan 6.dan Aikikai will give an aikido weekend seminar at Akari’s dojo during weekend 24.-26.8.2018. This will have an effect to our weekly class schedule.
- Weekly class on Friday morning 24.8. at 7-8 will be held as usual
- Seminar classes on Saturday 25.8. at 11-13 and 15-17. Weekly class in the morning is cancelled.
- Weekly juniors class on Saturday 25.8. at 11:30-12:30 will be held as usual
- Seminar class on Sunday 26.8. at 10-12. Weekly class in the afternoon is cancelled.
Welcome to join the seminar!
We will start training according to the autumn training schedule on Monday 13.8.2018. We have updated the schedule at the page Classes.
Juniors will have their first class at the first Saturday of the autumn season on Saturday 18.8.2018. All juniors are warmly welcome, both those continuing to practise aikido and those who want to start!
Basic course will start on Tuesday 28.8.2018. If you are interested to join our basic course, you can come and try out aikido on Monday 27.8.2018. We will organise a try out class at 17:00-18:00 on our dojo. The class is free. Just wear something comfortable and come to get a feeling for aikido in Akari!
Welcome to enjoy aikido at our weekly classes in Akari!
We are offering a free try out class in aikido on Monday, August 27th at 5pm. The class is one hour long. Just wear something comfortable and easy, like a T-shirt and sweatpants. On tatami we always practise bare footed.
The new basic course will start on Tuesday 28th of August at 8:15 pm.
Everybody is welcome!
Welcome back to Tikkurila Sport Hall tatami tomorrow Monday 23.7.2018 at 18:00-19:15. We will continue to train according to the summer schedule for the next three weeks. Autumn training schedule will start from Monday 13.8.2018.
Summer classes availabe
- Monday 18:00-19:15 Jari/Jaana
- Wednesday 19:00-20:15 Miranda/Taina
- Friday 7:00-8:00
Come and enjoy training with us in this exceptional summer weather!
Next classes in Akari dojo
- Monday 18.6. at 18:00-19:15 Jari Alasuutari 4.dan
- Wednesday 20.6. at 19:00-20:15 Miranda Saarentaus 6.dan
- Friday 22.6. no class: Enjoy the Midsummer!
- Monday 25.6. at 18:00-19:15 Jari Alasuutari 4.dan
- Wednesday 27.6. at 19:00-20:15 Miranda Saarentaus 6.dan
- Friday 29.6. no class: in the evening at 19:00-20:30 Blues seminar in Järvenpää (info)
- Summer break 2.-22.7.2018
- During the break we arrange Hanko aikido seminar 12.-15.7.2018 : info
- On Monday we continue according to summer schedule with class at 18:00-19:15.